Progress Report RE-8BGM2 Addendum – Audio

This progress report will be an extension of the base for the other blog on audio making for Project 1’s process, how I consider the tempo, the beats and instruments. The choices I made in making changes for that track and why I change the track to fit the situation.

Tempo

The tempo that is used is a roughly slow 100-130 in value and the speed is no less than 16 seconds long because each string is four seconds long per bar. The reason is that the base tempo tries to recreate the feeling of being dreaded but at the same time, also emotional to a degree. The problem is that the tempo is a little too fast and thus needs editing.

Instruments

Instruments use a combination of drums, synths and pads. All of them are pre-sets that are available on the software, placeholders which allows me to use them and manipulate them to make the sounds in the game.

Beats

The beats in the sound uses a type of Ao Drums which makes its edits based on the effects I made with the synths and the pads.

Others Changes and Why I made that change?

The changes I made are simple sounds on the key pads. I set it up as midi before, but the sound does not play the way I wanted to. The reason being that the feeling that I need to convey is not there and it feels off in the ears. Thus, changes are made before the track is made, and by changing the synths and adding extra pad effects, I changed the music into the way it was now.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s